|Delivered at||Accrington and Rossendale College University Centre|
|Start Date||September 2021|
* The fees charged on your course will not rise by more than inflation during your studies but the College reserves the right to increase fees annually by not more than RPIX (Retail Prices Index excluding Mortgage Interest).
If your studies are to be funded by your employer or as part of an Apprenticeship then different rates may apply, please enquire for details.
The programme offers you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills across a range of frameworks, contexts and practices relating to Substance Misuse Work. Central to the Degree is an exploration of a variety of Social, Welfare, Health and Legal Policy responses to an array of Substance Misuse issues and problems.
The Foundation Degree is a two year full-time Vocational Degree programme where practice is assessed alongside academic ability. Employers have been supportive both in development and delivery of the degree ensuring that students gain exactly the skills needed in the workplace.
• Professional Practice and Personal Development Planning
• Sociology of Health
• Concepts and Models of Addiction
• Introduction to Research
• Drug and Alcohol Strategy and Legislation
• Care Assessment and Planning
• Community Involvement and Engagement
• Treatment and Recovery
• Independent Research Project
• Advanced Professional Practice and Personal Development Planning
• Harm Reduction
When you graduate, you will have improved your employment/promotion prospects in the areas of Substance Misuse Work, such as Drug Rehabilitation, Detoxification and Care.
The Foundation Degree can be topped-up to the BA (Hons) in Health and Applied Social Studies at Accrington and Rossendale College. Please enquire for more information.