Fees and finance

Here’s how you can get help with your fees and finance

There are a number of options available to support students through their university studies. Please see below for more information.


Tuition Fees

Our University Centre fees are lower than traditional universities and with the additional savings of living at home, that’s even more reason to study at one of our campuses.

If you are planning to study a University Centre qualification and are not self-funding the course, you are eligible to apply for tuition fee funding via Student Finance England. The Tuition Fee Loan doesn’t have to be paid back until your income is over the current UK repayment threshold of £27,295 * a year.

Tuition fee loans are available for both full-time and part-time study.

Maintenance Loan

If you are studying full-time or part-time, you may be eligible for a Maintenance Loan to help with living costs. This is dependent upon your household income.

Childcare Grant (CCG)

If you are studying full-time, you might also be able to apply for a CCG, which helps with childcare costs. This is dependent upon your household income. For further details visit the GOV.UK website or by contacting the HE Office on HE@nelsongroup.ac.uk or 01254 354047.

Access to Higher Education Financial Support

Access to Higher Education Diploma courses may be FREE with an Advanced Learner Loan. Loans may be reclaimed upon completion of a degree. Financial support may also be available for students to support with course-related fees. Please note that the Access to HE Diploma loan can be reimbursed upon completion of your chosen degree course.

The fully-funded programme route is for those aged 19-24 who are aiming to complete their first full Level 3 qualification.

Advanced Learner Loan

If you are looking to study a course at Level 3 or above and are not eligible for this to be funded, an Advanced Learner Loan may be an option to pay your course fees. Loan repayments are linked to what you earn when you have finished your course, not how much you borrowed. You only need to start paying back your Advanced Learner Loan when you are earning over the repayment threshold. For more information on the Advanced Learner Loan click here.

If you wish to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan, loan applications can be made when you enrol. You will need a valid UK passport or birth certificate (the application takes longer to process if you do not have a passport). You will also need information from College to complete the loan application – this will be provided at your assessment.

To find out more about Student Finance, click here to visit the GOV.UK website.