|Delivered at||Accrington and Rossendale College University Centre|
|Start Date||September 2022 / January 2023 start dates available|
|Mode||Full-time or Part-time|
|Cost||£8250 Full-time or £4125 Part-time|
* The fees charged on your course will not rise by more than inflation during your studies but the College reserves the right to increase fees annually by not more than RPIX (Retail Prices Index excluding Mortgage Interest).
If your studies are to be funded by your employer or as part of an Apprenticeship then different rates may apply, please enquire for details.
This programme leads to a Certificate of Higher Education in Working with Children and Families over the part-time equivalent of one full academic year.
Students enrolling for the CertHE will have the option to continue to a full FdA once they successfully complete the CertHE.
This programme is available to employers as part of an apprenticehip standard and is in partnership with the University of Cumbria.
Modules in the programme normally include:
• Perspectives in Human Development
• Professional Skills with Children, Young People, Families and Communities
• Social and Political Influences on Policy and Practice
• Play and Creative Development in Diverse Contexts
• Cultural and Historical Influences on Children, Young People and Families
• An Introduction to Practitioner Research
Disclosure and Barring Scheme: Candidates who do not already have a current DBS through their employment will need to apply for one. A DBS check and disclosure of convictions are course requirements, but having a clean DBS is not a condition of entry. Where a DBS disclosure raises issues, these will be discussed with the candidate and consideration given to their impact on the availability of placements and future employability.
This programme opens up employment opportunities across a number of areas including; Early Years, Education, Social Care, Health and Wellbeing, Sport and Culture, Youth Work, Community Work, Crime and Justice.
Successful CertHE students who subsequently complete the FdA will also have the opportunity to progress to a University of Cumbria top-up programme and be able to complete an Honours Degree in one-year full-time or two years part-time.